When you're feelin' a little fancy, here's a fresh twist on an old faithful!
- 2 large eggs
- Pinch of fine grain sea salt
- Few tablespoons of chopped chives Dollop of pesto
- Bit of goat cheese or feta
- Small handful of mixed salad greens
- Use a fork to beat the eggs and salt in a small bowl. Beat well, until the eggs are mostly uniform in color.
- In your largest non-stick skillet over medium heat, pour the egg mixture and give it a good swirl so that they spread out thinly across the entire pan. Alternately, you can use a crepe pan or crepe maker - this works beautifully as well.
- Sprinkle the eggs with some of the chives and let them set - 15 seconds to one minute.
- Run a spatula underneath the omelette and slide it out of the pan (flat) onto a countertop, large cutting board or Silpat-line cookie sheet.
- Spread the pesto across the surface of the omelette and then sprinkle with thecheese and salad greens.
- Starting with one end, roll the omelette away from you. Cut in half on a deep diagonal.
- Season with a bit more salt if needed and serve garnished with a few choppedchives.