We all need that sweet treat ready for the long weekend ... but don't let it throw you off your nutrition plan. We gotchu!
- 1⁄3 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup almonds
- 3⁄4 cup pitted dates (8 large dates) 1⁄4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3 Tbsp. canned pumpkin
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 11⁄2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 tsp. cinnamondash of salt
- Lay out a piece of parchment/wax paper or a have a plate handy.
- Pulse pecans and almonds in food processor until until they reach a fine crumb. Place in a medium bowl and set set aside.
- Pulse dates in food processor until they form a smooth paste.
- Add back in the processed nuts with the dates along with the rest of the ingredients and process until everything is well combined. You may need to mix it a bit with your hands to ensure everything is incorporated.
- Remove “dough” and form into a large ball. Then form into 8 balls and flatten to form “cookies.”
- Store in the refrigerator.