An easy recipe for fluffy gluten free low carb coconut flour pancakes. Such a tasty breakfast treat for when you're craving the carbs, but you're trying to keep 'em in check. Enjoy them with your favorite syrup or eat them plain.
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 Ts coconut oil (melted)
- 1⁄4 cup coconut flour
- 1 T maple syrup or raw honey 1⁄4 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄4 tsp sea salt
- Melt coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat just until it became a liquid. After letting it cool a minute or two, then add it to the wet ingredients.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk and oil until combined. In a separate medium bowl, whisk coconut flour, sugar, baking powder and salt until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients; stir with a fork until well combined and no lumps remain.
- Heat a griddle or large skillet over medium heat. Grease griddle or skillet with oil or butter.
- Drop a scant 1⁄4 cup of batter for each cake onto hot griddle.
- Cook 3-4 minutes until small bubbles begin to form on top, then flip. Cook on other side 1-2 minutes, until cooked through.