One of our favorite cookbooks at Fly Feet is Primal Cravings! Here is a great weekend breakfast - perfect for your post sweat sesh at Fly Feet!
- Butter for the pan
- 2 green plantains, peeled and grated on a box grater
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 pound fresh Chorize Sausage (store bought is fine)
- 6 eggs
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, diced
- salsa (store bought - but read the label for sugar!)
- hot sauce
- salt to taste
- preheat over to 350F
- In an oven-safe or cast-iron skillet, crumble and brown the chorizo. Remove from the pan and reserve.
- Heat a few tablespoons of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add in the plantains and onion. Season with salt. Stirring occasionally, cook until browned, about 12 minutes. Add the chorizo back into the pan and stir to combine.
- Use a spoon to create 6 wells. Crack and egg into each well. Place the skillet in the over and cook until the eggs are set, about 8 minutes.
- Carefull remove from the oven, and top with diced avocado, salsa and a few dashes of hot sauce.