Ok, let’s face it, sometimes we just have to have a little something sweet. These little monkeys are just enough to stave off that sweet tooth and fill your belly with something nourishing and good for you. This is not an every week kinda treat, but every now and then, they’re amazing. And kids love ‘em!
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup RIPE!! bananas, mashed1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ½ chocolate chips
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whist together coconut flour, tapioca flour, and baking soda.
- In another large bowl, whist together butter, sugar, bananas, vanilla extract, and eggs.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts. Divide batter among the lined muffin cups.
- Bake until the muffins have puffed and the edges have slightly browned, about 20 minutes.