- 1 cup nuts
- 1 cup dried fruit
- 1 cup (12-15 whole) pitted dried dates, preferably Medjool
- Roast the nuts (optional) to add a toasty, nutty depth to the bars. 350°F for 10 to 12 minutes, until fragrant and golden. Allow to cool before using.
- Combine the nuts, dried fruit, and dates in a food processor. Pulse a few times just to break them up.
- Process continuously for 30 seconds. By this point, the ingredients should all have broken down into crumb-sized pieces.
- Continue processing for another 1 to 2 minutes, until the ingredients clump together and gather into a ball.
- Lay a piece of plastic wrap or wax paper on your work surface and dump the dough on top. Press the dough with your hands until it forms a thick square, roughly 8”x8” in size. Wrap and chill for at least an hour or overnight.
- Divide into bars. Unwrap the chilled dough and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into 8 large bars or 16 small squares, as desired. Wrap each bar in plastic wrap or wax paper.
- Store the bars in the fridge for several weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Energy balls: The dough can also be shaped into small balls. Refrigerate until firm, then wrap
Try these combinations! Cherry-almond, apricot-almond, cranberry-pecan, applecinnamon- walnut.
Try these add-ins! Shredded coconut, chia seeds,cacao nibs, crystalized ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground cardamom, lemon zest, lime zest