We love this recipe from Paleo Leap!
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef;
- 1 tbsp cooking fat;
- 4 stalks celery, diced;
- 1 medium onion, diced;
- 1 apple, diced;
- 2 cups finely chopped walnuts;
- 1 clove garlic, minced;
- Generous amount of poultry mix or sprigs of fresh rosemary, sage, thyme, and marjoram, very finely chopped, stems removed;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste;
- Preheat your oven to 375 F.
- In a large pan, sauté the ground beef and celery with the cooking fat for about 3 minutes. Make sure to crumble the ground beef to small pieces.
- Add the diced apple and onion and continue sautéing for another 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh herbs or poultry mix, minced garlic, walnuts and season with salt and pepper. Mix well. The meat should still be somewhat pink; it’ll finish cooking in the oven.
- Put the mixture in a baking dish and bake uncovered for about 30 minutes in the preheated oven.